By children, for children!
We believe that a child’s expression and representation is essential and important in creating something that is aimed for children. This is why the images are drawn by a child – made for children, illustrated by children, giving them an authentic child-feel to them.
The images on the cards are representative of children of different races, genders and cultures. There are also images of children with different disabilities depicted on the cards. The cards are in English and Braille.
How to use the African Affirmation cards
- Repetition is key! Children choose a card daily and say the affirmation throughout the day.
- Discussion is important. Parents/carers can talk about the affirmations to their children.
- Children stick the cards up on mirrors/cupboards/walls so that they see them daily.
- Children look at themselves in the mirror and say the affirmations out loud.
- Children with visual impairments feel the braille and then say the affirmation.
- Cards are used as a therapy tool by therapists
- Families create interactive card games using the words and pictures on the cards.
If you are concerned about your child’s health and mental well-being, please consult with a counsellor or health professional.